A while ago back in the Summer, I purchased some moda squares just because I liked the patterns & colours. They have sat in my stash as I have never been too sure what to do with them. To be honest, I still don’t know, yet I’ve started to try & create something.
All I am sure of is it will be a blanket. I have no idea of a pattern, scheme or plan. I’m just sewing & going with the flow. Bit by little bit.
The task so far….
One of my New Years resolutions is to get back into the sewing den & get some more sewing done!
It was a pleasure to have an excuse when I was asked to make another baby quilt. The babies name is Molly rose, so I wanted to add this in, so when I came across the lettered block fabric it started my imagination to flow.
I mixed in some other fabrics including some ‘rose’ print to tie in with the name. Embroidered her date of birth on a heart appliqué & away I went.
I made my own bias binding using the fabrics used. (I so need to practice this binding malarkey!, I used the walking foot for the first time too)
I hope baby Molly likes it.
After the success of my last ‘Rupert’ quilt, I was asked to make a girly one. So with a head full of random colours, all the gear and no idea, I found a pattern to follow to give me a sense of direction!
I have had to fit this one in with work/home and gym commitments, so it feels like I’ve been chipping away at it for ages. I wanted to make sure I produced a nice quilt so took my time!
Overall, im pleased with the result… Hope you like it. More importantly, I hope the lady that has ordered it likes it !!
I’m not naturally full of great ideas. I love to look at other peoples work and find it fascinating where their ideas came from.
I sat in my room yesterday with all my ‘stuff’ out trying to think what to make. The best I came up with was these key rings. The idea was for them to look rustic, I’m unsure if the just look ‘tatty’?
I then sat there going through my fabrics and decided to embark on another quilt, which it haven’t finished yet, but here is how far I’ve got. I’m working on the same idea as my cat quilt, but with different fabrics. I think the cute animal squares are great. I intend on adding some other appliqués to it to jazz it up..awaiting great idea!
I have no idea what to do with it when I’ve finished it though. I’m sure it’ll find a home somewhere.
I had a day off work today and had promised a day in the sewing room. After a long lay in, shower, hair wash, kitchen clean bla bla bla…I finally got in there this afternoon. Once in there with all my ‘stuff’ out and ready to go, I realised I hadn’t even planned my next make! I decided to get out my ‘patchwork’ book and get some practice in and try some things out of it. So I created these:
I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do with them at all !! I’m sure something will crop up.
I then found a pattern for something a step further from these squares, so embarked on this and ended up creating this quilted patchwork pillow! It has many faults. A) some squares are bigger than others b) the border is not equal c) I rushed it to finish it off.
Although saying all of its bad points, I still am proud of it as it’s another ‘first’. I need to remember to cut out things bigger than needed to allow for seam allowances, then my things may end up equal sizes.
I think this ‘quilting’ lark is certainly something that takes a lot of practice !!!
I’m in between projects and unsure of my next move so I pulled out my patchwork quilt. I have been hand sewing the squares so far but now that my sewing machine is up and running I have used it this evening. I am so impressed with how much faster the whole thing is. I flew through 4 rows in next to no time.
Im not sure what the correct method is or even if there is one. I’m just happily sewing my squares together. I’m not sure how big to make it either. I suppose I will know when to stop!
Once again my lovely kitties thought it would be nice to help. They love laying all over my material and giving me a helping hand! Little imps !