A Puurrrfect finish :)

Ta-dah !! Finally after many interruptions and some long hours sewing, I have completed my pussy cats door stop. Although I have not weighted it, so I’m not sure if it will be used as a doorstop or not.

I loved seeing this project grow and it was great when I finally got around to assembling it today

The material was sourced from various places. Some I had in stock and some is recycled shirts I brought from a car boot sale. The jewels are some costume earrings I purchased in a sale. I do enjoy using reclaimed materials and turning them into something. It’s amazing how far an old shirt can go. The patterns can be quite interesting and the also come with buttons.

hope you like it ….

Advertisements

Still sewing

My cat project seems to be taking forever. Juggling work with home and a new kitten has left me with not much time to sew. My aim was to complete the cats this weekend, I think I should have given myself more time. I aim to get it finished soon. But have a busy week ahead, so don’t hold out much hope.

Here is my progress so far….

I have the final body parts for the last cat to assemble.

I have the final body parts for the last cat to assemble.

Not necessarily with the body parts in the right order

Not necessarily with the body parts in the right order

 

The pattern is meant to be a doorstop, but I’m not sure if I will just stuff it and use it as a display piece instead.

 

Getting there slowly….

I am chipping  away at my cat doorstop.

I have a new kitten in our house, which has slowed my progress. As you can imagine, with cute kitten eyes staring at me, I’m easily distracted.

This is my distraction :)

This is my distraction 🙂

J

3 cats done

I just have 2 more cats to do then to assemble them and stuff them. Hopefully I will have finished by they weekend

xxx

Absence

Apologies for my lack of blogging. I had the sad experience of my much loved cat ‘Oscar’ passing away suddenly last week. It left me with not much enthusiasm to do much.

I have decided to turn my grief for him towards a fitting tribute. I have found a great pattern for a cat doorstop that I have began to work on.

I will keep my blog updated with its progress….

This is Oscar amongst my materials when I was making the flower appliqué cushion.

This is Oscar amongst my materials when I was making the flower appliqué cushion.

This is part of the pattern for the doorstop which is 5 cats joined together in total.

This is part of the pattern for the doorstop which is 5 cats joined together in total

This is my progress so far...

This is my progress so far…

As you can see it is quite a large task for me. I am determined to do it well and make a good job of it. The hardest and longest pats are tracing out the patterns and making the stencils.

The flowered material is an old shirt which I will try and work into each cat along the way. The other materials so far are from what I’ve already had in stock.

Xxx