No Direction

A while ago back in the Summer, I purchased some moda squares just because I liked the patterns & colours. They have sat in my stash as I have never been too sure what to do with them. To be honest, I still don’t know, yet I’ve started to try & create something.
All I am sure of is it will be a blanket. I have no idea of a pattern, scheme or plan. I’m just sewing & going with the flow. Bit by little bit.
The task so far….





Molly’s quilt

One of my New Years resolutions is to get back into the sewing den & get some more sewing done!

It was a pleasure to have an excuse when I was asked to make another baby quilt. The babies name is Molly rose, so I wanted to add this in, so when I came across the lettered block fabric it started my imagination to flow.

I mixed in some other fabrics including some ‘rose’ print to tie in with the name. Embroidered her date of birth on a heart appliqué & away I went.

I made my own bias binding using the fabrics used. (I so need to practice this binding malarkey!, I used the walking foot for the first time too)

I hope baby Molly likes it.







And today I made this….

I have had a fantastic day today!

I locked myself away in the sewing den and made sure I didn’t emerge until I had finished this quilt I have made for my nieces friend who has had a baby called Rupert.  So quite clearly, my make was ‘Rupert The Bear’ themed. I was so eager to get started on this new project.  It’s the first time I have made something that someone has asked for, I felt on a complete mission!

The rupert fabric was quite difficult to source, after a bit if bartering with a seller on eBay I managed to purchase these squares.  (If anyone has any of this fabric in the form of curtains/duvets, you’re sitting on a gold mine!)

I was slightly scared whilst cutting out the squares, I felt so responsible for this vintage material! I’ve never cut so slowly in my life!


I then went shopping yesterday and purchased some fabrics that I thought would match well and some nice thick wadding. I also found a Rupert The bear book, so I put that with it too.

I created a pattern and set to work.



Bearing in mind I am very new to this quilting lark, I am extremely pleased with the finished piece. I found the hardest part was binding it, quite clearly there is a nack to it that I have yet to perfect. I unpicked it twice!!

So…after a whole day locked away, this is my creation…what do you think??

All the gear but no idea!

I had fun mooching around the charity shops today.
Excited indeed I was when I came across a ‘sewing’ section!! I am determined at some point of my sewing journey I may even learn to make an item of clothing! So when I stumbled across loads of sewing patterns, I had to buy them all!! (Slight addictive obsessive disorder)

Amongst my find also was a large amount of fabric, some Aida for my future cross stitch! (Cough cough) And some embroidery transfers.

As the title said, I’ve got all the gear, but no idea!! I need to do more making and less talking about it !
But hey…what an impressive find!




Birmingham NEC craft exhibition.

Oooooo…what a day 🙂

Me and my mum have spent the day looking around the craft exhibition! It was many much to much money spent 🙂 I have had an amazing time and can’t wait to get stuck into some more cushion making this weekend ready for the christmas fayre I’m doing with my mum at the end of the month.

Anyone else going or have been to the show?


Zip, Zip, Hooray !!!


Another Sunday where I have managed to get creative!! Also another first…I have successfully sewn in zips to two new pillows! I checked the how to guide of my sewing book and took a peak on YouTube, then jumped in, needle first and went for it! Now they aren’t professional and I’m sure have faults, but for my first go..I’m impressed!

The material I used was gifted to me from a friend, which is currently stocked in John Lewis in various colours. It’s a lovely thick fabric and was great to sew with. I don’t have much left, so I will use the rest carefully.

I then went on a bit of a roll and also made a seat cushion for a chair in my bedroom and a matching mat for my new dressing table.

I think they look lovely and have added a nice splash of colour to my room…

Hope you like them 🙂



Triangular pair

Once again it feels like forever since I blogged. I’ve had a manic October so far!

It was my birthday and my other half brought me this fantastic plaque for my sewing room


It’s great isn’t it, I love it ❤

I then completed a 10k extreme obstacle course on the 12th, which involved all sorts of crazy things, swamps, cargo nets, iced water, mud, mud and more mud! A lot of my time has been spent at the gym trying to get as fit for it as possible. I raised £800 for cancer research and feel pretty pleased!
Here's a few mud shots:


I finally got into my sewing room tonight! Its been too long… I created this pair of pillows inspired my a new book I have purchased, for patchwork and quilting. I have used various materials to jazz them up. I think they would look nice with some ditsy floral fabric too, I will try and make another pair at the weekend in different colours. The buttons in the middle are to disguise the fact I could get all the squares and triangles in line! I’m trying to suss out techniques to sort out these little issues I come across. Maybe I should read these sewing books I buy rather than just looking at the pictures! They turned out ok, I think they are quite funky!



My little cat also came in with me and helped the best he could 🙂 he loves exploring my stuff when I’ve got it all out. Inquisitive little cat he is:


My next mission is to try and sew in a zip to one of my cushions…I’m sure it will be interesting if nothing else!